Conditions of Hire
The Hirer will, during the period of hire, be responsible for:
- The supervision of the premises, fabric, contents and behaviour of people in the hall
- Ensuring that noise form the hall, including from people entering and leaving, does not disturb the neighbours. Windows and doors should be shut after 20:00 and the curtains closed.
- Ensuring the capacity of the hall is not exceeded: 200 in the large hall, 100 in the small hall
- Ensuring that emergency exits are not blocked and are available for free exit
- Vacating the hall completely by 00:30 (01:30 New Year's Day only). Thames Valley Police know that no-one should be in the hall after this time.
- Ensuring that the hall is left in a clean, safe and tidy condition.
All lights should be turned off and all windows & doors shut and locked.
All rubbish should be removed.
Failure to leave the hall clean and safe can result in loss of deposit.
- The Hirer shall comply with all conditions laid down by Fire & Local Authorities, and indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done during the hiring.
- The adequate supervision of young people using the hall - min. 2 adults for 20 young people plus 1 extra adult for every additional 20.
The Hirer shall abide by the following rules:
- No smoking anywhere on the premises
- No ball games (due to damage caused to fans/lights/clocks/décor)
- No cycles to be taken into the hall (temporary storage is permitted in the Committee Rooms, which must be cleaned afterwards)
- No dogs, except for those that help the blind, deaf or disabled
- No helium balloons (these damage the overhead fans)
- No smoke machines (these trigger the fire alarm)
We regret to advise that the premises are not available for 18th Birthday Party celebrations.
Cancellations: To ensure the refund of any deposit or hiring fee already paid, the hirer shall provide at least two weeks notice of cancellation. Refunds for any cancellations made within two weeks of the booking shall be at the sole discretion of the committee. Application for refunds should be made, in writing, to the Treasurer.
The Committee reserve the right to cancel a hiring in the event of the hall being required as a Polling Station in which case all fees already paid shall be refunded. If the hall is rendered unfit for use due to circumstances beyond the control of the Trustees, the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for loss or damage.